If you want to bet on sports in Arizona and are a beginner in the field, you might be wondering how it’s done. For starters, we’re here to show you that it’s not as difficult as it may seem. All you have to do is understand how to read betting lines and predict the outcomes.
After that, each bet will come a piece of cake. Additionally, you should choose the right operator, which we’ll show you how to do, and review the best Arizona sportsbook to get yourself started. Are you interested in learning how to read betting lines, choose the best operator, and which sports to bet on first? If your answer is “yes,” please read our easy guide for further information.
Reading betting lines guide
When betting on your favorite sports in Arizona, you have to place wagers on the outcomes you predicted. You can either lose, win, or push particular individual bets depending on the game’s outcome. A push is neither a win nor a loss.
But no matter what you bet on, every wager you place will have some odds. Those odds can range between -1000 and +3000. The most common odds fall in the lines between -125 and +110. Now is the point where we come to the point of reading betting lines.
The plus in front of a number shows which team is the underdog. So, for example, if your odds are +200, you must bet $100, and if the outcome goes in your favor, you can win $200. If you bet $50, you can win $100, and the line goes on.
If, on the other hand, your odds are -200, and the minus shows the team is your favorite, then you should bet $200 if you want to win $100, etc.
Choosing the right operator
Yes, it does matter which operator you choose. As we’ve mentioned at the beginning of the text, you should review the best Arizona sportsbook. This review will provide you with all the knowledge you need to get started with your betting spree.
You should base your choice on reputable customer service. If an operator has customer service that promptly responds to all your questions, you can count on them. Some operators offer better odds for their local teams, and some even hand out free bets for free.
Choose what matters most, do your research, visit multiple sites, and see which operators have the best promo codes to find your most suitable pick. Sure, this type of research may take some time, but it’s worth it.
Which sports should I place my first bet on?
Now that you have some basic knowledge of how betting in Arizona works, it’s time to see which sports you should bet on first. We’ve made a list of the most popular sports, all of which will be available on the betting site you choose:
- NFL – NFL owns Monday and Sunday nights in America and is the most popular football league you can bet on;
- NBA – if you’re into basketball, betting on NBA will ensure excitement for every night;
- College Football – as opposed to NFL, which airs only Mondays and Sundays, you can watch College Football all fall from sunrise to sundown;
- College Basketball – the so-called “March Madness” will offer you 48 games which take place over four days;
- MLB – it’s a bit more difficult betting market than NFL and NBA but gives larger payouts;
- NHL – though betting on hockey is less popular than basketball and football, it’s crowded throughout the second season.